Need someone fun, entertaining, and informative to speak or teach at your next writing workshop or conference?
- I’m the Director of O.C.Writers, a network of over 800 published and aspiring authors in Southern California
- I’ve developed and taught writing workshops through the Orange County public library system, for writer’s conferences and special events
- My independently published book, The Wine and Chocolate Workout, has appeared on three Kindle bestseller lists
- I’ve published articles on culture, health, and entertainment for a variety of national magazines including Victorian Homes, Zombies, 50 Scariest Movies, Exodus, and Women of the Bible
- The first two books in my domestic suspense series will be available in 2017 from Fawkes Press
- And, most importantly, I love to help others grow and succeed
From Aspiring to Author – Chose your own publishing adventure.
Are you confused about all the publishing options available today? Often taught with my business partner, Megan Haskell, this talk will help aspiring novelists plot their own adventure. They will be given a Publishing Personality Test to determine which model, Agented Traditional, Boutique Press, or Independent Publishing is best for them. The course then maps out the pros, cons, and processes for each of those publishing worlds.
Plan, Plot, Polish, and Publish – Taking your manuscript from concept to print.
Do you love the idea of penning your memoir, business book, or first novel but have no idea where to begin? Publishing in today’s digital world may be easier than it’s ever been, but it’s certainly not simple. The goal of this four part series is to outline many of the possible paths to the publishing finish-line and help writers choose which is best for them. The resource rich content covers everything from organizing your writing method to finding your publishing dream team.
Strategize, Socialize, and Sell – My book is on Amazon. Now what? (Or, so what?)
Has your book been shipwrecked on Amazon’s shores? Many authors launch their novels onto the constantly shifting waves of the internet and end up lost at sea. The goal of this workshop is to help you plot your course, find your crew, and set sail for success. The discussion will include an overview of: author platform building basics, connecting with readers, and navigating the myriad of marketing opportunities available on the internet. A resource list will be a part of the presentation package.
Speaking and teaching topics can be tailored to suit your event or audience.
Please call or e-mail for current speaker rates. Special consideration may be made for non-profit organizations.