Need someone fun, entertaining, and informative to speak or teach at your next writing workshop or conference?
- I’m the Director of O.C.Writers, a network of over 1,000 published and aspiring authors in Southern California
- I’ve developed and taught writing workshops through the Orange County public library system, for writer’s conferences and special events
- My independently published book, The Wine and Chocolate Workout, has appeared on three Kindle bestseller lists
- I’ve published articles on culture, health, and entertainment for a variety of national magazines including Victorian Homes, Zombies, 50 Scariest Movies, Exodus, and Women of the Bible
- The first two books in my 7 Deadly Sins suspense series were released in 2017 from Fawkes Press
- And, most importantly, I love to help others grow and succeed
For Writers and Writing Groups:
From Aspiring to Author – A Guide for Your Publishing Career
Are you confused about all the publishing options available today? Often taught with my business partner, Megan Haskell, this talk will help aspiring novelists plot their own adventure. They will be given a Publishing Personality Test to determine which model, Agented Traditional, Boutique Press, or Independent Publishing is best for them. The course then maps out the pros, cons, and processes for each of those publishing worlds.
The Plot Menu – Creating a Balanced Story
Pantsing is inefficient. Plotting tedious. In this workshop you’ll learn a unique method of “plantsing” that bounces your story between the 9 Enneagram Personality types and the basic 3 act structure.
Strategize, Socialize, and Sell – My book is on Amazon. Now what? (Or, so what?)
Has your book been shipwrecked on Amazon’s shores? Many authors launch their novels onto the constantly shifting waves of the internet and end up lost at sea. The goal of this workshop is to help you plot your course, find your crew, and set sail for success. The discussion will include an overview of: author platform building basics, connecting with readers, and navigating the myriad of marketing opportunities available on the internet. A resource list will be a part of the presentation package.
For Non-Writing Groups:
Speaking and teaching topics can be tailored to suit your event or audience. My areas of expertise are health and exercise, motivation and encouragement when starting a new career, and, of course, the 7 Deadly Sins.
Please call or e-mail for current speaker rates. Special consideration may be made for non-profit organizations.