Interested in receiving free advanced copies of future books?
I’m building my early review team, and I’d love to have you on board! All I ask is that you’re willing to give my stories a fair and balanced review on Amazon, Goodreads, or wherever you purchase books.
Leaving a starred review only takes minutes and it means so much to authors. Why do we care?
- Reviews determine whether other readers buy our books
- Reviews let us know our books are being read
- Reviews allow us to run advertising with companies that won’t take books without a minimum number of reviews
- Reviews can change an author’s career
Simply go to the book page of the book you’re planning to review on Amazon or another seller’s site, click on the review stars and a box should pop up asking you to write a review.
If you’d like to be on my review team simply email me at: email@example.com and put “Review Team” in the subject line.
I don’t send print copies and only have a certain number of digital books I can give away per my publisher. If you have already reviewed one of my books, please add the link to the email, and you’ll go to the top of the list!
Don’t know how to review a book?
Here are some tips. Don’t feel you have to address them all! A review can be as short as a sentence or two.
• What did you enjoy the most? What didn’t you like? Why?
• Is the book in a genre you normally read?
• Did the story hook you with the first chapter or did it take a while to get into? Was it a page turner?
• Did the author’s writing style bring the story to life? Did you like their voice?
• How did the story make you feel?
• Did the main character/s grow during the course of the novel?
• Did the story remind you of other books or movies or tv shows?
• What was most memorable about the book (the characters, the world, the descriptions, the action scenes, the themes, etc.)?
• Did the book live up to the blurb? Did it exceed it? Was there something the author left out that you think would make the blurb more exciting for a potential reader?
• Would you purchase the next book in the series or other novels by the author?
On the other hand, here are the things readers don’t like to see in reviews:
• Don’t reveal spoilers.
• Don’t write a long book report.
• Don’t be rude or penalize a book because it’s not in a genre you normally read.
• Short reviews like “I loved it!” are fine but sharing WHY you loved the book (or hated it) is more helpful to a potential reader.